Never to old or young

bobbymass
United States of America

Never to old or young

Postby bobbymass » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:31 am

You're never too old or young to start learning any language. And now is the perfect time to start trying to learn spanish. With a simple shift and approach you’ll discover natural language talents you never knew you had. You’ll start speaking Spanish right away and obliterate age barriers.

Start today with Synergy Spanish

pwarbi
Great Britain

Re: Never to old or young

Postby pwarbi » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:26 am

I agree, and if you want to learn something new, and especially something like another language that's going to benefit you, age isn't something to ever worry about. The older we are, I've found with me at least that it does take me a little longer than it would have done a few years ago, but it's not a big issue.

Age is just a number, as the saying goes, and if we want to do something and learn something new, nothing should stand in our way.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:52 pm

I agree with the title but age is not the issue in me. What I lack is the time to learn a new language because I am always occupied with chores and my job. Considering that my wife and I travel frequently like 6 times a year to other countries, it is logical to learn Chinese, Japanese and Malaysian as well but we don't bother with that anymore since we are used to communicating with English or sign language. But for those who have the luxury of time, I guess it is practical to learn the language of the country that you are to visit.

Lizzyib
Canada

Postby Lizzyib » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:58 pm

I subscribe to the philosophy that you are never too old to do anything, especially learn a new language. Ok, sure it might take you a little longer to learn than it once did, but that doesn't mean that you can't do it. There are so many apps and programs out there like Rosetta Stone that make it so much easier than it once was. You don't have to spend long hours in the classroom to learn a language anymore, you can just click on an app whenever you have a few minutes and learn.

BatmanWayne
Zodiac: Pisces
Venezuela

Postby BatmanWayne » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 pm

That is true, I'm a Spanish native speaker and I like to learn a lot about English, I am also learning a little bit of French, with the help of Duolingo I think that I will make it possible in a few weeks. After French, I will start learning Italian, I love the Romance languages, but they are difficult sometimes, you have to learn a lot about the conjugations of the verbs and that is the most difficult part, because they are all almost the same, but there is no impossible in this world, I think we all can learn what we want!

peachpurple
Zodiac: Virgo
Malaysia

Postby peachpurple » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 am

I agree that it is never too old or young to learn a foreign language, regardless of the participant's age or gender. The point is whether the participant is willing to take the challenge to learn a new language which is not common in the country itself. For example in Malaysia, English, Chinese and Malay are the most common language spoken, written and listen among the public.

Foreign languages are usually taught in institute or college which are considered as extra syllabus where students are given the option to take up the course without obligation. For young working adults, one can learn a foreign language either online or offline ( at the language center at the participant's own expense).

Recently, I had downloaded a Korean apps into my smartphone where I can learn the basic Korean alphabets offline when I have spare time. There are many Korean apps to choose from depending on your preference. Learning something new is a skill that everyone is able to do so with perseverance.
Earn 500 coins at Forumcoin , redeem USD$5 at this https://forumcoin.com/index.php?r=1826

ipa07
Croatia

Postby ipa07 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:51 am

That's my philosophy too. Age doesn't matter, you should always be eager to learn something new.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am

I think that's the mistake that a lot of older people make... thinking that they're just too old to start learning something new. I'm in my 40s and am still trying to learn new things like Spanish. A positive attitude and good work ethic is all it takes.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Return to “Spanish”