Studying a new language at your local college

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Studying a new language at your local college

Postby ricky1874 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:24 am

I just started taking spanish classes at my local community college. I'm trying to see if this will be better than trying to learn it on your own through online classes. The problem with online classes is that no one is pushing you to learn...you have to self-motivate yourself. I've been struggling with learning spanish for years now. so, I'm hoping that by taking classes at my local college, it will force me to try harder in learning the language.

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Studying a new language at your local college

Postby Alexandoy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:39 pm

We have 2 years of Spanish subject in college but my learning did not bring me anywhere simply because I did not use it. In learning a language it is important to be using what you learn. When I was working in a Japanese software house I would be conversing with our Japanese boss from time to time and even with our translator. That helped me learn more than the Spanish in college.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: Studying a new language at your local college

Postby justin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:58 pm

The main problem with self learning is no one is there to push you. You need to be very disciplined when you are trying to self learn. One of the major problems with learning a language online is finding the right person to practice your language skills

Return to “Spanish”