Living in the UK

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Living in the UK

Postby ricky1874 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:10 am

Any Americans on here that have made the move to the UK? I've always wanted to travel and stay there for awhile but am not sure exactly what to expect. If anyone has any experience please share them. Or if you are a native, please share how your life is. Thanks.

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

davemre
United States of America

Re: Living in the UK

Postby davemre » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:10 pm

I don't have any inside information about living in the UK but I do share your passion about traveling there. I've grown up watching British movies and TV shows (especially comedies) and have always dreamed of going there one day. But, if I ever do go there I will be sure to post my experience.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:07 am

ricky1874 wrote:Any Americans on here that have made the move to the UK? I've always wanted to travel and stay there for awhile but am not sure exactly what to expect. If anyone has any experience please share them. Or if you are a native, please share how your life is. Thanks.

I don't live in UK but I have friends over there. From my discussions so far with all of them, United Kingdom is a good place to live in but the issue of high tax system is the only problem they encounter with living in UK. You will make the money but pay most of it in tax.

bobby7227
United States of America

Postby bobby7227 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:43 am

davemre wrote:I don't have any inside information about living in the UK but I do share your passion about traveling there. I've grown up watching British movies and TV shows (especially comedies) and have always dreamed of going there one day. But, if I ever do go there I will be sure to post my experience.

I also grew up watching a lot of British TV shows. I use to love watching the old Dr. Who shows when I was a kid. I also loved watching the Monty Python comedy shows. A future vacation in London is definitely on my bucket list of places I plan to travel to in my lifetime.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:57 pm

I never have made the move to Dreary Ol' England as they use to call it, the closer you are to London, the more expensive it is - as a general rule they say. The place that seems interesting in London to me, is a place called Camden - and is considered the capital of music in the UK, specially for rock and punk music, but I always think of Amy Winehouse(Jazz, Blue-eyed Soul)walking around there as well. They say Camden is a good people-watching place, eating and hearing some good music place as well.

Return to “United Kingdom”