Living in Saudi Arabia

NeilTarquin
Philippines

Living in Saudi Arabia

Postby NeilTarquin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Im almost at my 40's but still given a chance to work in Saudi Arabia. I am aware about the culture of the Saudian but when i got here. I am overwhelmed hiw strictvthey are with their rules.

Please share your thoughts about how did you handle the pressure of being in Saudi and what are the steps you took as your coping mechanism.

dhovorka
Austria

Re: Living in Saudi Arabia

Postby dhovorka » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:27 am

I have been living in Jeddah for 4 years. I was lucky enough to live in a compound where the rules are more bent the way westerner can live. At my time of living in Jeddah, it was amazing from the point of view that traffic was not so much, driving was possible anywhere without having a driving license and the parties in diplomatic areas are just bigger and more filled with things you don't expect including drinking your own brewed alcohol.

I have been many times in Riyadh and Damman, Riyadh is just the most boring city on earth for a single person since any fund is only for families, Damman has no nice beachside and has only the single advantage to be close to Bahrain, the party place in the middle east. My recommendation living in Saudi, purchase a ticket to Dubai for the weekend, it is not expensive at all and escaped from the Saudi boring life. Buzz me once you are in Dubai for a beer :)

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:21 am

dhovorka, feeling so glad after seeing your views about Saudi Arabia. I have much heard about this from visitors and all said this is a nice place for enjoying the beauty of the world. So share with us which attraction of this destination is fascinating?

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Sun May 13, 2018 4:10 am

I wouldn't want to live in Saudi Arebia because it's deep in a conflict zone. It's a tough Muslim country and I wouldn't want to have any problems as a Christian living in the country. I wouldn't encourage any of my friends to live there because it's not safe there.

Return to “Other”