long distance relationship

Any topic and any subject.
aquaMe
Philippines

long distance relationship

Postby aquaMe » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Long distance relationship is the hardest point between two people.if the guy will not give little time and effort is it mean that he dont love her anymore?

to7update
Portugal

Re: long distance relationship

Postby to7update » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:25 am

Long distance relationships are harder to maintain because the intimacy between the couple doesn't exist. If the couple is separated just for some weeks of if they see themselves at least at the weekends, I say the relationship stands a chance, but if the separation period is longer, I think it's really hard to be in such a relation with success.

peace
Virgin Islands (USA)

Postby peace » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:33 pm

I personally don't see it that way. Think outside of yourself. The whole purpose, or one of them, for the long distance relationship, is for both of you to give each other some space. If you care enough, it will work out well. Silence is not a sin.

peace
Virgin Islands (USA)

Postby peace » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:36 pm

It is also possible that he is far more introverted, busy, and shy all at the same time. Take my word for it. This does happen. That is the whole reason for the long distance anyways. With time, these walls should come down.

to7update
Portugal

Postby to7update » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:39 am

peace wrote:I personally don't see it that way. Think outside of yourself. The whole purpose, or one of them, for the long distance relationship, is for both of you to give each other some space. If you care enough, it will work out well. Silence is not a sin.

I agree that there are different kinds of relationships, but a long distance relationship is usually out of necessity and not out of choice. Sometimes people put their careers first, but this has to be something temporary because if becomes something permanent, I don't see any future for the relation. Sure, everyone needs it's space, but in that case what's the point in being in a relationship?

ptahm22
Kenya

Postby ptahm22 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:01 am

Long distance relationships are surrounded by alot of controversy. I think we should consider what we are getting out of a relationship regardless of whether it's long distance or you live with your soul mate. If you met your soul mate when he or she was living near your place then he or she gets transferred, does that mean you break up.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:31 pm

I know of several couples who started their relationship in a long distance affair but finally succeeded in getting married and to live happily ever after. My aunt is one example. She married an American navy who comes home 2 months every year. But they both lived up to their expectations. One facfor I find in them is their trust in each other. When the husband is here, they go anywhere my aunt wants and the money is no object. Again, it is the trust that matters.

to7update
Portugal

Postby to7update » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:23 am

Seeing this topic always reminds me when I started dating my current wife, as just a few days later I had to spend one month away, when our passion was at our peak, so it was hard, but at the same time, as it was just a month, I feel that it made our feeling even stronger. Each case is a case, but we should not spend too much time apart. ;)

pwarbi
Great Britain

Postby pwarbi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:25 am

These days with technology being more and more available than ever before, I think that having a long distance relationship is easier now than it used to be. In the past I think a lot of the issues that arose were due to the fact that it was hard to communicate with the other person, and you'd often have to go days and sometimes weeks without being able to speak to them and even then it wouldn't be face to face. That obviously put an extra strain on the relationship and a lot of people couldn't cope with the extra pressure.

Skype, messenger applications, Twitter and Facebook have all made it easier to stay in touch, and while it is still a lot more difficult to make a long distance relationship work, I do think that it's a lot easier now and there is far less extra pressure than what there used to be. Personally I'm not sure if I would be able to stay in a long distance relationship though, and even though it is a lot easier I do think that you have to have the right mentality also, and to be honest I'm not sure that kind of relationship would be right for me.

lexinonomous

Postby lexinonomous » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Long distance relationships are hard- plain and simple. I can say without a doubt in my mind that having a long distance relationship was one of the hardest things I've put myself through. It can be both a great and terrible experience all at once. Communication is one of the biggest keys to maintaining a relationship and it is absolutely essential when you do not live in the same area. If your boyfriend is not responding to you and holding off on communicating with you, it's time to put your foot down. You need to talk to him about how you're feeling and sort out what is going on immediately. I'd hate to see you end up suffering emotionally due to not knowing what is going on.

Return to “Miscellaneous”