What was your best music experience on another country?

Any topic and any subject.
StolenKid
Venezuela

What was your best music experience on another country?

Postby StolenKid » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 pm

When i went to Colombia a few years ago, a friend of mine show me some Irish music, his family is from Ireland and had all this music and pictures of Ireland. I have never been in Ireland but since that day, I really want to go out there and explore it. While I was staying there that friend and his family started some kind of party and they danced all night and I danced with them. It was pretty funny because I have two left feet :lol: but it was a nice time, really a nice experience.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: What was your best music experience on another country?

Postby Heatman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:22 am

I would answer my own experience based on tribal differences in one country and not two different countries. I'm a Nigerian and the country is made up of 3 major ethnic or trial groups. They are Igbo, Hausa and Yourba. I happen to be from the Igbo speaking tribe and our culture and way of life differ from one group to another.

Now when it comes to music culture, the Yorba's are the only one that I'm interested and thrilled with its music culture. Their music attire and how they use their mother tounge to air the song is really wonderful. I am already learning their language and soon enough, I would be able to do a song using their own voice and language.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 pm

I would like to visit Ireland someday so I could visit the pubs, and also it would be nice to hike to the pubs as well, so you could have your fill of some good Irish beer of some kind. Listening to traditional Irish music in pubs would be a lot of fun and maybe you could dance a jig with some of the locals, people like to clap along as well to the music. Also visiting Dublin, the capital city of Ireland seems like a great place to find some interesting music, and I would like to find a cheap place to drink a few pints of Guinness, if I visit.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:08 am

This year I have visited Greece and I had the chance to watch a show presented by the people on the beach, they have sing and dance so beautiful it was just like in the movies, the passion and tradition mixed and made a great show, Ioved it and now I listen to music from Greece and I remember of our holidays there.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:40 am

I have a thing for learning other people's native languages and dialet, it's the best thing that thrills me for visiting any part of the world. Once I step my feet in such location, the first thing I do would be to identify with the living natives especially the older men. They are the ones that can tell me secrets about their country and the youths would be to help me get along well in the new environment I found myself.

Steve5
Philippines

Postby Steve5 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:39 pm

My best music experience was in Japan. They have such a beautiful language. What also surprised me was the fact that their live performances were close to their studio recordings. You could definitely see how talented their singers are since they don't require much vocal enhancements. :D

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:53 am

I haven't been to another country yet, but I would definitely check out the music of other countries if possible, especially if it's very different from the genre of the popular music that I listen to in my country.

Return to “Miscellaneous”