Evolution VS Religion

Discuss your religious and philosophical beliefs and views on life with others. Be respectful of other's beliefs and views.
jeremydeth
United States of America

Evolution VS Religion

Postby jeremydeth » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:12 pm

I'm curious to know how many people believe in evolution or a religion or something else. Me, I believe in a little bit of everything. I can find good arguments on both sides. So, I'm sort of caught in the middle of my beliefs.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Evolution VS Religion

Postby Alexandoy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:41 pm

When it comes to the issue of science versus religion it is always the science that prevails in reasoning because religion is actually founded on beliefs and not on logic. The issue of evolution had baffled man since the first time the idea came to fore because there may be evidence pointing to the exact evolution of man like we came from the apes or from other creatures. But the solid proof is not there unless they can come up with something like the Jurassic Park that was built from the DNA of olden time creatures.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:20 am

Evolution makes alot more sense to me than religion. At least evolution has a more logical approach to it. To me it's logical that things will evolve over time to adapt to their environment. But, religion exist by being passed down from generation to generation. Because of the many various different languages, it is not logical to think that the original meaning from the original biblical writers would stay intact.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

aceinter001
Philippines

Postby aceinter001 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:17 am

Darwin's evolution thing is a !9th century concept written in his bood The Origin of Species. The evolution theory is a contetious one because one is brought to a blank wall. If everything evolved, the first thing that was produced must have come from someone who created it. Otherwise, we can say that we all evolved from hydrogen, the element that was dominant when the universe had this big bang and the stars etc came into being. The question remains: who created hydrogen? Evolution acnnot answer this.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:21 am

The question is between evolution and religion which one do you think came to hold its ground firm in the world that we are aware of today? Perhaps, it's religion because from the creation of man, there have always been one religion which man takes to and practiced vehemently. Science is a new concept but it's growing beyond our imagination with its constantly evolving and improvement on all fronts. Personally, I believe in both of them.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:11 pm

I think life has evolved, but that evolution was guided by a supreme being. A lot of people reject evolution, but a lot of churches accept evolution as well. Also most scientists believe that humans have evolved though natural processes in a natural way over time as well, so I am with the scientists with this one.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:59 am

I believe in evolution theory, I don't think God created a man, I believe human beings evolved from primates. However, I believe God is behind the evolution. God created an automated system where everything happened on itself.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:18 am

justin wrote:I believe in evolution theory, I don't think God created a man, I believe human beings evolved from primates. However, I believe God is behind the evolution. God created an automated system where everything happened on itself.

The problem with this topic is that it cannot be resolved. We are all like speculating about how man came to this world. Evolution is a long process and there is no way that we can get an accurate picture of how it happened. In religion they made it easier for us to understand that God created man in His image.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:46 pm

I don't believe that we really evolved from apes, I believe in the theory of creation. I'm Roman Catholic so I believe that man came from the Lord.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”