Can you become a second wife?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Can you become a second wife?

Postby Heatman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:02 am

In the event of the death of a man's first wife or he is divorced or separated with his first wife, would you be comfortable becoming the new second wife in quote?

anniebh4
United States of America

Re: Can you become a second wife?

Postby anniebh4 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:54 am

Over here in America divorce is pretty high. Many people get married 2 or 3 times in their lives. I know lots of women and men that have either remarried or married someone that had been married before. So, I don't see it as a problem over here.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:58 am

anniebh4 wrote:Over here in America divorce is pretty high. Many people get married 2 or 3 times in their lives. I know lots of women and men that have either remarried or married someone that had been married before. So, I don't see it as a problem over here.

Exactly! The issue is that in some of the western world, divorce is seen as a very common thing, so it's why most people get married more than once or twice within a year or two years.

kaka135
Malaysia

Postby kaka135 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:55 am

If I am the only wife, then I don't think there's any issue with this, as long as the man only loves me at that moment. I don't mind even if I become the step mother. The divorce rate is increasing in my country too, so I foresee becoming second wife or husband will be more common here too.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Some women in the states sometimes have kids to think about, before they get married to a new guy, because the new guy could inherit their money, and leave the kids in the dark some day when the mom passes away, as far as the legal system can go. Sometimes living together and not being married may be the best option.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:20 am

kaka135 wrote:If I am the only wife, then I don't think there's any issue with this, as long as the man only loves me at that moment. I don't mind even if I become the step mother. The divorce rate is increasing in my country too, so I foresee becoming second wife or husband will be more common here too.

Sometimes I keep wondering why would someone get married to the person who he or she doesn't know very well to be able to live with for the rest of their natural life, only to petition for divorce in 3 years or even less than 3 years into the marriage?

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:39 pm

In the olden days when the Filipino culture was very conservative, being a second wife is taboo especially when the first wife is still alive even if separated. But for a widower to be the husband, I don't see any problem except maybe with the children of the widower because there is normally a friction with the stepmother. I have several friends who are married to their husband who was married before and it seems that the situation is accepted by the society.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:53 am

Alexandoy wrote:In the olden days when the Filipino culture was very conservative, being a second wife is taboo especially when the first wife is still alive even if separated. But for a widower to be the husband, I don't see any problem except maybe with the children of the widower because there is normally a friction with the stepmother. I have several friends who are married to their husband who was married before and it seems that the situation is accepted by the society.

Culture and norms differ from one place to another. In our African society and culture, men have the right to marry more than one wife and have as many children as possible. It's still being practiced now, so it's acceptable in my society at the moment.

Bravosi
Ukraine

Postby Bravosi » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:56 am

Well, here it's common to have several wives up to 4 since we're Muslims, at once.

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:34 am

Nowadays, most people remarry after divorces. I thing it's after death when most people, understandably, have a problem moving on. But if you are old I don't really see the use of getting married again, I'm just saying.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”