Any topic and any subject.
ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Our cell phones.

Postby ricky1874 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:22 am

Are we are treating our cell phones like a real person?

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

davidworth
United States of America

Re: Our cell phones.

Postby davidworth » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:48 pm

I'm not sure about that, but I do use my phone alot. Howadays it can be a lifesaver. You can use it to call for help if you need it. It's also like having your own pocket sized personal computer.
Discover all things abroad

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Me personally, I just think that a lot of people just find it a lot easier to communicate with others through text, email or instant messaging. You can start and end the conversation whenever you want. You can also ask difficult questions without feeling so awkward in real time. So, a phone can make this all possible. So I guess it is an extension of ourselves.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:15 pm

It looks like cellphones are now an appendage of people such that they are not comfortable when they don't have their cellphone with them. I think we are getting to be slaves of technology that cellphones are now taking over our lives, from the ordinary calls and texts to the apps that are available from the internet.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:44 pm

The cellphone does seem to get in the way today - the addiction to the smartphone can affect our mental and physical health these days, and just like drugs or alcohol addiction, these smartphones can provide an escape from reality.

davemre
United States of America

Postby davemre » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:27 pm

To me my cell phone is an extension of myself. I don't know what I would do without it. It has made my life sooo much easier and more convenient.

bobby7227
United States of America

Postby bobby7227 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:35 pm

I know alot of people complain about all the use of cellphones today but they sure do come in handy if your car breaks down out in the middle of nowhere :mrgreen: .

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:02 am

Not really a real person, but a replacement for television, lol. You can simply just go on Youtube and you can now watch the programs that you desire, you don't have to be in front of the tv to watch a program that you like. The same goes for the radio and mp3 player replacement, a cellphone easily takes their place.

sweerie_banana
Kenya

Postby sweerie_banana » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:42 pm

In some places like Bulgaria, having a cellphone is considered a sign of prestige and wealth but to the rest of the world, it has become a technology for the masses.
Many people do feel much safer having cell phones since during an accident they can easily call for help or call the police sp they so convenient. People use them as a final act of communication even terrorists use them as an act of communication during the bombings happening all over eg in Madrid.

Parents even play a huge role in surveilling their kids through the cellphones that they purchase for them.

In 2000, in Philipines, many cellphone users were text messaging slogans and commentary on the President, Joseph Estrada.

Return to “Miscellaneous”