The quarantine issue for visitors to the Philippines

This forum is to give advise or warning to anyone planning to travel to potentially dangerous places. If you know of any travel warnings or have first hand knowledge please share your information or advise.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

The quarantine issue for visitors to the Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:45 pm

Incoming travelers with foreign passport are required to undergo 10 days of quarantine. Many of our friends and relatives from abroad are hesitant to come because of the quarantine rules. You have to waste 10 days of your vacation for the quarantine which is outrageous. Perhaps the authorities should be lenient with the quarantine like 3 days is amenable to travelers but not more.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: The quarantine issue for visitors to the Philippines

Postby justin » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:58 pm

I also believe that compulsory quarantine rules will deter people to visit the country as they will be wasting their 10 days. Instead of quarantine, perhaps the authorities can implement rules like mandatory PRC test for all incoming travelers and allowing them to enter the country only when they are negative or only allowing vaccinated people to enter the country can be better options.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:51 am

I also think that it is not practical to travel abroad at this point wherein there is still Covid-19, people should just stay at home and wait for the virus to completely go away.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:37 pm

I'm hoping to fly back to the Philippines in December. I'm hoping everything will be better with the virus by then and foreigners won't have to quarantine for so long.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:39 pm

The quarantine and pandemic issue has really caused a lot of traveling problems.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:12 am

The latest on the quarantine of the visiting foreigners to the Philippines is the quarantine of 7 days only for those with complete vaccine. Take note that you will be quarantined to a hotel at your own choice and expense. That is like being in jail for a week and you have to pay for your jail cell accommodation and food, of course.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Alexandoy wrote:The latest on the quarantine of the visiting foreigners to the Philippines is the quarantine of 7 days only for those with complete vaccine. Take note that you will be quarantined to a hotel at your own choice and expense. That is like being in jail for a week and you have to pay for your jail cell accommodation and food, of course.

Still not worth flying over there now unless I'm going to stay for more than 1 month. I want to travel to the Philippines for only 3-4 weeks this time. I will wait and hope that things get better.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:06 am

Our government was allowing people to enter the country who could show Covid negative report and vaccination report, But when the spreading or new variant Omicron, 7 days of quarantine has been made mandatory for the tourists.

Return to “Travel Warnings”