Moving to Russia

Share your opinions, questions, concerns, desires, advice or experiences of living and working in another country.
ohgodlol

Moving to Russia

Postby ohgodlol » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Ever since I started learning Russian I've become fascinated with the country, the culture, and all things Russian. I've got two years left before I receive my bachelor's degree and after that I'd like to move to Moscow. However, I'm not sure what exactly I would do for a living. I suppose I could teach English, but I don't know. Perhaps this is just a fantasy that will lead me nowhere, but I really would appreciate any advice. What do you think about moving to Russia? Should I wait and get my master's degree too or should I strive to earn it at a Russian university??

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Moving to Russia

Postby Alexandoy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:05 am

We have a family friend who worked in Russia. One time he brought along his family - wife and 2 daughters for a vacation in Russia. They said it was a nice country with historical places. I agree that it is nice but I don't think I would travel there. The plane ticket is expensive. To live in Russia, I guess you need a good reason to convince the authorities to give you a visa.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: Moving to Russia

Postby justin » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:12 am

Let me be clear on this. I would not like to live in a country where the President tries to murder his political opponent and in a country where the president announces himself as a president for his lifetime. However, I think Russia is a good country to visit.

Return to “Living and working abroad”