are you in favor of divorce?

Share your ideas about some interesting topics that you would like to see talked about.
mlrt
Philippines

are you in favor of divorce?

Postby mlrt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:37 am

Yes because I want to live a life to the fullest without devastating the rules of government. If I am married, I think I would love to have a divorce with my wife for some reason. One if she lied to me and had another man living with her. This is very unforgivable. I marry her because I love and really care for her not just to make a kiss, a memorable kiss, or just have a ring to wear on my finger. So, if she commit that big mistake I would definitely file an annulment case for her. Rude but the best thing to do.

951temec
Yemen

Re: are you in favor of divorce?

Postby 951temec » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:11 am

my feelings on divorce are mixed,I believe it should be allowed and there should be no punishment, you should be able to leave a toxic relationship without legal recourse, but currently in the United States, it's a very expensive and unfair process towards men and how the courts decide custody. In general i feel that it should be allowed, viewed as a last resort sort of thing and revamped to be more modern and less harmful on the lives of men and children.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:49 am

I am so against divorce. There is no way I am sharing my everything with my husband and even give him children and then he leaves me. I am getting married to him because I want to share everything with him and not to have fun qnd leave. :D

If he wants to leave I will let him go but I won't allow divorce to happen.

Camilla
Philippines

Postby Camilla » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:56 pm

I am against divorce because if enforced, people will be less mindful about contracting a marriage, thinking that they can file for divorce later anyway. This can lead to more broken homes where the biggest victims are the children. Getting married is a big decision because it entails lifelong commitment to be with someone so people should think twice, thrice, many times over before getting into marriage. If the law gives people an easy way out, then this will place the institution of the family in a precarious situation.

rnastee
United States of America

Postby rnastee » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:26 pm

I am for divorce because sometimes people change after being married. I know that this is what happened when I was married. I was miserable all the time. I've seen a lot of other people stay in bad marriages and remain miserable for the rest of their lives. This is something that I don't think that anyone should have to endure.

aceinter001
Philippines

Postby aceinter001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:10 am

There are many grounds for divorce and many times in countries where divorce is allowed the reasons are not very substantial. Even the church will allow for separation if there is a psychological incapacity like a will-full and uncontrollable addiction to drugs and alchohol that will already endanger the physical well being of a spouse. But divorces borne of unfaithfullness can actually be charged in court as a criminal offense and does merit a lifetime separation. Plus some other petty causes for divorce like disagreements over money, work, and the like which can actually be worked out by the couples without any need for separation.

kaka135
Malaysia

Postby kaka135 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:20 am

I am not in favor of divorce, though I understand there are really some cases where it just has to been filed especially when violence occurred. As much as possible, I think the couples really need to consider properly before they tie the knot, as I always think marriage is not just a piece of paper, it's uniting both families and forming a new family. I understand all of us keep changing when we are entering each phase in our life, and hopefully the other half is still walking together on the same path, otherwise getting divorce might be the better way.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:18 am

If there's a good reason like incompatibility, then yes, I mean instead of ruining both of your lives through regular fights and misunderstandings, it's better for both parties to separate. Another thing if money or finances is the main issue then it's better to be divorced.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:43 am

Seriously, divorce doesn't favor anyone in the family. Even though the husband and wife are looking out for themselves in seeking for divorce because the relationship doesn't suit either party but in truth, it have a serious devastating effects on the children. I can only accept or agree with divorce only if the two parties doesn't have any children yet.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:30 pm

I would agree with a divorce if there would be a reason to take this action like cheating, hiding, or the absence of love. If there is no understanding, love or trust in a marriage there is no reason to continue.

Return to “Topic Suggestions”