- Carrots - 1 piece, medium, cut into cubes and fried
- Potatoes - 2 pieces, medium, cut into cubes and fried
- Pepper and salt - to taste
- Cheddar cheese - ¼ cup, grated
- Liver spread - 1 can (85g)
- Tomato sauce - 1 pack (250ml)
- Pickle relish - 1 tbsp
- Onion - ¼ cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 tbsp, minced
- Cooking oil - 2 tbsp
- Maggi Magic Sarap - 2 packs (8g)
- Onion - 2 small pieces, sliced
- Beef ribs - 1 kg
- Pineapple juice - 2 cups, unsweetened
- Combine onions, pineapple juice, Maggi Magic Sarap and beef in a medium-sized pan. Bring to a brisk boil. Lower the heat. Simmer the beef for approximately 2 hours until it becomes tender. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a separate pan. Sauté onions and garlic for about 1 minute. Add the beef and its broth. Bring to a slow boil.
- Add cheddar cheese, liver spread, tomato sauce and pickle relish. Allow the mixture to simmer until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with pepper and salt.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Jasmine is a native Filipino with a passion for cooking and gardening. Her love of Pinoy food [http://pinoyfood.org] has lead her to create a website to share her favorite Filipino recipes Pinayfood.org with the world.
Come and explore and enjoy a true taste of the Philippines with these authentic Pinoy recipes and stories of the Philippine culture.